Headaches are very common and each one of us experience headaches at least once a year. The headaches are of different types but unbearable pain causes restlessness and to get rid of headache we often look for medicines to get rid of the pain. If you are using a medicine for any type of headache that you experience rarely, it is fine, but some headaches that individuals experience very often, in that case taking medications frequently can affect our body in a negative way.
Let us learn how chiropractic care can be helpful for headaches.
- Proper alignment of spine, which turns to better balance, muscle tone, posture including less pain and helping those who suffer from TMJ and headaches and other conditions.
- Decision regarding nutrition and food to know which foods you should take and which ones cause headaches or pain and determining the root cause of the headaches.
- Exercises and stretches to make weak muscles strong, improve muscles tone, posture, balance and improve lifestyle to eradicate pain and determine primary cause of your pain or headaches.
- A blueprint of ideal position that you need to be in while being at workplace, which helps preventing headaches and pain.
- Stress management which again is the cause for all types of headaches
Chiropractic care is very useful for those suffering from tension headaches as it helps relieving tension in shoulders, neck and head, which otherwise is the major contributor for headaches. Chiropractic care is also useful for treating TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder) as it occurs due to misalignment of joints and tight muscles in your jaw region.
Your posture is very important when you are at workplace as this can lead to headaches so consider use of palates ball at workplace to strengthen your core muscles and improve posture. Other things like exercises and stretches can help improve posture and keep headaches away. Holistic therapies like acupuncture and massage can also be helpful in relaxing muscles.
Migraines are notices on one side of your head. It is important to find out chemicals, foods, stresses and related factors that cause migraines. Developing a systematic pattern for an individual especially when they encounter migraine is the right way to limit the occurrence of migraine. Cayenne pepper is effective in preventing pain caused due to migraines as it releases an element called endorphins in your brain, pain killers that are natural.
Chiropractic care is helpful for muscle spasms and releasing tight muscles and placing the vertebra back to its original position for perfect alignment can prove to be highly beneficial for people suffering from migraine.
Avoid alcohol and some drugs that may trigger the headache, avoid environmental trigger like perfumes, smoke etc., and management of stress
In case of cluster headaches drinking plenty of water can keep you hydrated and prove to be an excellent remedy to prevent this type of headache.
Oxygen therapy is also very effective in cluster headaches and aerobics exercise has also shown good results in such headaches.