Many people who suffer from chronic fatigue or Fibromyalgia use prescription drug like Gabapentin (Neurontin) to aid and manage symptoms of pain and epileptic seizure. the disturbed epileptic seizure results in sleep apnea, sleep dysfunction or restless leg syndrome.
The new study shows that due to thrombospondin and unnatural function of brain the possible results seen are brain dysfunction. If you are suffering from brain fog related to Fibromyalgia or deficiency of immune system related to chronic fatigue syndrome, then Gabapentin may not be the best choice or first line choice of drug. It proves to be logical that it adds to the existing symptoms if you continue using this drug(prescription).
Let us know how and why?
By using Gabapentin, you might disturb the important brain connection that is important for you for cognition and proper memory. Most of us are aware of how delicate our brain is. If anything goes wrong with this delicate part of our body, it can be life-threatening. Too much of drug interactions or anesthesia and you might lose your senses. In simple words anything that leaves a negative impact on the normal functioning of our brain should be researched, suspected, avoided and reported, if possible.
New study shows that an individual who is suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia can show the following symptoms if using this drug
- Not able to think properly or not able to think only
- Couldn’t recollect memories of say a week before even if the brain is recessed.
- Mentally incapable of thinking even below normal level, unable to think and feel numb.
- Not being able to do logical reasoning even simple ones like solving a financial problem or not able to judge what needs to be spoken in a discussion.
- Not able to think or care what will happen in a stressful situation or vice versa like not bothered about what will be the result. This even leads to emotional detachment. These results in like a person who is least bothered about living his life and in turn it creates suicidal thoughts or chronic depression.
This is something to explain how powerful the drug is and can affect your loved one. If the brain has stopped functioning normally, then how would you know what the reason is or cause behind it? What might be happening? So if you notice such symptoms it is better to consult your health care person to take actions immediately. There are many people who lose connection to life while taking the drug and if they get well, they see a new life as the brain becomes functional and live again and body follows the brain.
Make sure you consult your doctor before taking this drug as the symptoms can be scary and you might lose your connection with life. Better start with right medication and speak to your doctor.