Osteoarthritis is most common form of arthritis. This mostly affects knee, fingers, hip and spine as the cartilage between the bones wears away. Nearly 40 – 80 % of people over 65 years suffer from some degree of arthritis. Below 45 years of age, men are more affected than women. In some cases, symptoms are mild, while in others these symptoms grow progressively worse till they become disabling. Certain home remedies are mentioned in this article for treating osteoarthritis.
Read more on Herbal Remedies for osteoarthritis arthritis and Intestinal worms Treatment. Also visit on Home Remedies for Obesity
Causes of Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is cause by two main reasons: 1 Trauma to the joints and/or 2 predominantly alkaline body chemistry.
If you were to sustain a trauma to a given joint and that corpse part sustained misalignment and damage; finally that joint will wear out if exact measures are not taken.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis:
1 . Joint pain
2 . Join swelling
3. Morning stiffness
4. Instability of the joint
Treatment for Osteoarthritis:
1 . Use of pain killers is not going to help you any.
2 . Weight loss is recommended, so that there is no additional pressure on these weight bearing joints.
3. A soy diet is ideal. It is rich in proteins and protective enzymes which halt the progress of the disorder. So step up your daily intake of this protein.
4. Calcium supplements are advised
5. Sesame seeds – soak 1 spoonful of black sesame seeds in a little water.
6. Keep overnight. Consume the seeds the next morning along with the water. This helps ease the pain and inflammation to a great extent.
7. Raw potato juice is an age old remedy. It is exceedingly successful in the treatment of osteoarthritis. The juice of 1 raw potato should be had daily for a month.
Home Remedies for Osteoarthritis
The home remedies mention here can provide adequate bear in maintaining normal life as well as in receiving good response against prescribed medication.
Chopped and mashed onion needs to be functional on the paining joint with the help of a wrapping bandage. It is good and efficient home remedy of osteoarthritis.
Make a paste with turmeric powder and warm water and apply on the paining joint at last 2-3 times per day.
You need to make a mixture of garlic and almond oil in 1: 2 proportions and then the exaggerated joint needs to be massaged gently.
Apple cider vinegar needs to be taken 2 table spoon amount per day; it proves beneficial in the long run. Equally, consumption of honey helps to cure the evils like osteoarthritis.
1 . Exercise. With your doctor’s approval, get regular exercise when you feel up to it. Stick to gentle exercises, such as walking, biking or swimming. Exercise can increase your endurance and strengthen the muscles around your joint, making your joint more stable. Avoid exercising tender, injured or swollen joints. If you feel new joint pain, stop. New pain that lasts more than two hours after you exercise probably means you’ve overdone it.
2 . Lose weight. Being overweight or obese increases the stress on your weight-bearing joints, such as your knees and your hips. Even a small amount of weight loss can relieve some pressure and reduce your pain. Aim to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week, at most. Talk to your doctor about healthy ways to lose weight. Most people combine changes in their diet with increased exercise.
3. Use heat and cold to manage pain. Both heat and cold can relieve pain in your joint. Heat also relieves stiffness and cold can relieve muscle spasms. Soothe your painful joint with heat using a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm bath. Heat should be warm, not hot. Apply heat for 20 minutes several times a day. Cool the pain in your joint with cold treatments, such as with ice packs. You can use cold treatments several times a day, but don’t use cold treatments if you have poor circulation or numbness